Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Et tu Modem? Part Deux

Jump for joy.  You know you want to.
Ladies and gentlemen (I think, I mean, do guys read my fanfiction, I don't know...) I do believe my computer problems may be fixed.  I don't want to jump the gun but today -- I'll save you from the technical crap -- I had it looked at and I think its finally going to behave.  At least it has for today.  I wasn't able to do much work because I had errands to run and whatnot, but it it continues its good behavior I'll be back in business.  Currently I have a pretty big to-do list, which is not making me a happy kitty.  Things have piled up pretty badly in the wake of my net crisis of 2011.  I have at least three different fanfics that I should kickstart or complete doing beta work for and hope the authors don't want to string me up and lynch me like a profligate.  With help from a friend I also think I have a good direction for Imperium et Libertas and should have some more written and posted on it soon, although the previously stated beta work needs to be the bigger priority. 

In other news I think I'm going to start writing reviews of fanfictions that I read on here.  I haven't decided if I'm going to do this weekly or just whenever the heck I feel like it, but there are a lot of good fics out there they may not necessarily be getting the attention they deserve or are just awesome and need to be shared more.  For the most part I want to do really good fic recommendations with this.  As of now I'm also behind on my story reading as well as writing and beta work but I already have a few fics in mind that I definitely want to throw up on a pedestal.  For niceness sake I may never do a negative review, but I can't promise that I won't eventually begin taking stories that need to be avoided or stories I think have potential and need work and giving a nice critique. 

Just kidding!
However, I don't want to sound like I'm all preachy and judgmental and I tend to be super pleasant and hate to hurt feelings so  I can't see me step up and go "that kind of sucks so stay away" in case I offend or hurt the author.  Secondly, I don't want to start flame wars over my own personal opinion.  I just don't like that shit.  We will see.  Let me know what you think about the situation and what you would like to see in some kind of fanfic-of-the-week column or whatever.  This undertaking is also just in the works now until betas are caught up on.

Hm.  I didn't want to make a super short blog entry, but I don't have much to say tonight and I have work to do.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment