Thursday, September 13, 2012

Back to My Roots



Back a long time ago I used a lot of online names.  And anyone who's noticed the links to my other fanfiction accounts can tell that.  My original one was under RavenMirage (the name now changed to something else), and that was pretty much my nickname for years: Raven.  Then I had a friend, Tsugi, who introduced me -- rather, dragged me kicking and screaming -- to Metal Gear Solid.  I didn't want to see it at first.  Did not think I would be interested in this game.  So she decided that if she couldn't get me to play it she would tape it via VCR (that's how long ago this was) and make me watch the storyline like a movie.  I finally agreed and I absolutely loved the series.  Straightaway I found a favorite character, one that really got me truly interested and this was Revolver Ocelot.

To those unfamiliar with the series you may suddenly notice the familiarity in the name to my pen name.  That's because its not a coincidence.  One of my original Metal Gear stories, "Crimson Waltz," included a character who went by the codename Shadow Storm.  Long story short she became rather close to Ocelot and so it was joked that she was Ocelot's Shadow, which became my e-mail address.  When I started posting video game stories I decided to use Shadow-Ocelot as my title and its stuck with me ever since.  Its the only Pen Name that's ever stuck quite like that.

Recently we've had the urge to pick up the old pile of VHS tapes and watch the series over again.  Nostalgia just washed over me and I don't think I've been so happy in a long time.  There's just something about the series that I love so dearly and all the characters are so real in their emotions, motivations, actions.  It can be said Hideo Kojima lays on the metaphor and philosophy pretty thick, but I enjoy peeling through the layers to find the facts.  It has great re-play value because of this.  Its a game where you notice something new everytime you play no matter how many times you've played it. 

No, no!  I said "revamping" not Vamp.
For the first time ever I am currently getting to see Metal Gear Solid 4.  I know, I know, its been out like forever, but I don't own a PS3, nor did I have great access to one, until now!  That and the knowledge that a new one is coming out has made me find what's left of my old Metal Gear series that begins with Crimson Waltz and restart it.  After all this time I will re-enter the world of Ocelot, Snake, and the infamous Patriots once more to attempt to weave a story of intrigue and sacrifice in a world of war.  So that means that both "Crimson Waltz" and "Fall From Grace" will be receiving updates and revamping. 

I'm truly excited about this.  I missed them all.  The only one I will not restart is Dark Glory.  Looking back I can't remember the true point of the story at all and though it was kind of humourous I don't feel a need to write on it.  I already have so much more I need to work on.

Current Project Priorities: 

Metal Gear: "Crimson Waltz" & "Fall From Grace"
Fallout: "Someone I Used to Know", "Imperium et Libertas", "Son of Glory" Rewrite
Mass Effect: "Shuffle", "The Devil on My Shoulder", Tribulation Series", "As of Yet Untitled Wrex Mini Series"
Gears of War: "Eclipse Series"

This does not include some possible KinkMeme entries I want to do, but I will not list nor discuss them until I have them completely finished and posted. 

Oh, and next chapter of Imperium is being worked on, promise.  I'm just putting up with a lot of outside shit, as usual.  Life=Suck.  And Friday night Tsugi and I are going to see the new Resident Evil movie.  Its sad all I have left is the movies, cos I definitely can't accept the shit they're trying to pass off as RE-6. 

No comments:

Post a Comment